How to use a diesel generator safely


Nowadays, diesel generators have become a very important common or backup power system in many industries, so the safety of diesel generators is something that cannot be ignored. Operators must follow strict safety precautions and guidelines to ensure safe and stable power flow. Whether you are working in the workplace or outdoors, you should read and understand these simple rules to ensure a stable and reliable supply of electricity where it is needed.
1. Read the instructions
All operators should read the accompanying user manual and safety documentation before using the generator. No one shall operate the generator without reading the required materials.
This manual contains all the information you need to know about the generator: technical specifications, operating instructions, safety precautions and restrictions. This is for the benefit of the operators. Similarly, operators should be aware of and pay attention to all warning labels.
2. Understand your needs
Generators vary in size and rated output. Some generator sets produce less power than others. When using a generator, be sure to pay attention to all equipment and appliances that will be powered by the generator. This is essential because the generator can overload and go offline, or worse.
Conversely, your generator may produce too much power to meet your needs. Standard engines have a constant output that cannot be changed. If you consume only 10% of the rated output of the generator, you will still have to pay for the remaining 90%.
3. Keep dry
One of the important things an operator needs to do is keep the generator set dry. Generators should be kept away from possible sources of wet air. Similarly, if the generator is outdoors and weather conditions are wet or rainy, the generator should not be used.
Ideally, the generator should be protected by an open tent or box or placed in a basement. If the generator is online, do not attempt to power appliances and equipment that are exposed to moisture.
Electricity and water don’t mix well. Moisture can damage generators and equipment, or worse, electrocution anyone near the equipment.
4. Ensure proper ventilation
Do not use generators in enclosed Spaces or indoors. Smoke from generator sets contains large amounts of carbon monoxide, an invisible, odorless gas that can be deadly in large quantities.
If the generator is outside, place it away from indoor entry points such as vents, Windows, and doors. Carbon monoxide has no smell, so it is called the “silent killer”. Anyone who feels dizzy near a generator should leave immediately and notify the operator.
5. Get the gas right
If the operation time must be extended, the generator will need to be refueled. The generator should not be refueled while online or still hot when turned off. The machine should cool itself before refueling.




300 Meters West Of The Intersection Of Yongkang Street And Youai Road, Economic Development Zone,Weifang, Shandong Province, China


+86 186 1509 8086


+86 186 1509 8086


Contact Person: